Friday, September 30, 2011

A Thousand Splendid Suns - by Khaled Hosseini

This beautiful story has such a powerful impact on expanding the understanding of a culture steeped in history, a rich deeply complex history that through the telling of this woman's story is made accessible and understandable in a way I'd never imagined. The characters became so alive for me, so well developed and intricate in their individual relationships and how they all relate to each other/ WOW - the journey that this novel took me on internally still mesmerizes me.  I must say that I think it is imperative to "listen" to this story  on audio version if you have the chance. The novel is good too but the impact of hearing the eloquent dialects unique to this region make this a "MUST HEAR" story in my opinion. Since my first listen several years ago for book club, I've listened twice more...because I felt so connected to the women, to their stories, to the language, to the history.... this is NOT something I'm accustomed to doing.

I do hope that you give yourself a chance to devote an ear to hear this mesmerizing tale brought to life by an obviously talented writer. Add this to your MUST READ list - you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment