Friday, September 23, 2011

The Mountain Between Us - Charles Martin

This is an author that cannot write fast enough for me! I LOVE to read his novels and each one of them has continued to live in my memory like no other novels. The richness of Charles Martin's writing, the authenticity of the characters, the vivid storylines.... oh to be so talented! Charles Martin typically writes with a southern fiction flair and by some would be considered Christian Fiction. Because it is just clean good writing and not any real religious overtones I would prefer to just say Southern Fiction for my own preferences.

 All of those things being said...when "The mountain between us" came out I was not impressed by the introduction on the inside flap nor the cover itself. I actually took the book back to the library unread. HUH?? Yep, I did. But then several months later while on vacation after having received my Kindle reader... I downloaded the book... I wanted to give it an honest shot.  Six hours, a sunburn, and sand in uncomfortable places later... I was finished and was in awe of the way the story took me. My heart ached because of the intense way I was sucked into the novel. It was such an amazing emotional trek that I immediately had my husband read it. He too is a HUGE fan of Charles Martin.  He loved it too!

Although the storyline of this book might look tired...(a story of survival) PLEASE keep going... it is anything but what you expect. It is at once a journey and journal of survival and seeking for men and women it is a force! For me the end held a very unexpected revelation... I had to go and re-read what I thought I'd seen. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

So if you want a book you can lose yourself in, for a little while... look no further. THIS IS IT!  (and welcome to your new favorite author! - remember who introduced you!...lol)

here is a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Between-Us-Novel/dp/0767927028/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316814398&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment