Thursday, September 29, 2011

to read or to e-read...that is the question...

And today I'm wondering what my friends think about the availability of electronic reading devices and good old fashioned paper books? Do you own an e-reader? Do you like it? What don't you like? And if you don't have one yet, what keeps you from getting one?

I was really against getting any electronic reading device... I felt like it would cheapen the experience of reading for me... I was my libraries most frequent customer... and all for free... why would I pay for a reading device and then have to pay for books?? Well... one day that all changed. The Kindle came down in price about a year and a half ago, I needed a new Bible and decided to try it on the Kindle - that made sense to me... I love to have my Bible with me, but it was so bulky and in my case I'd had this particular Bible since I was 17, so it was falling apart. :) So, I broke down and purchased a Kindle... I now do ALL of my reading on my Kindle.

My biggest disappoinment: the books are the same price or more than an actual printed edition and the library DOES NOT support this device. :(

The thing I rejoice most in: (re: my Kindle) is that I read faster, comprehend more, and have all of my books with me all of the time. Oh, and I read every day at least 2-3 hours and my battery on the Kindle goes for about 1 month without needing a charge.

Verdict: I wouldn't be without my Kindle and it's cool apple green cover w/ the light built in!!

YOUR HOMEWORK: weigh in! Let me know what you think! Different opinions cherished and welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment