Sunday, December 18, 2011

Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

Slipstream speculative fiction is maybe what I would classify this book as....  1 part fantasy, 1 part science fiction, 1 part historical fiction, 1 part adventure and 1 part graphic novel....a great literary escape!

This novel is the fantastical journey of Jacob whose grandfather has told him stories of children who have extraordinary capabilities and of the grave danger that may envelop him. After Jacob witnesses the horrific death of his grandfather, a mysterious letter leads Jacob on a journey that will lead him to question what it means to be a family and where his loyalties should be. Travel through time and enjoy this peculiar story too! I was left wishing there was more and that I could journey further with the characters.

Well written, intriguing pictures, and not at all what I expected. It was an eccentric ride! I hope you enjoy it too!

Note: I did read this on my Kindle and I thoguht the vintage photographs (which are real photographs I should mention) did indeed show up just fine as well as a few of the handwritten notes...)

Link to the book on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Peregrines-Home-Peculiar-Children/dp/1594744769/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324252395&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment